One primary concern of every business owner is how to keep their business safe. Regardless of the size of the business, security remains a major focus for most business owners. A loss of any asset, whether employee or other valuables, could significantly affect the business.
When you think of security for businesses, what readily comes to mind are security alarms, CCTV cameras, and the likes. These are not inefficient in securing businesses, but what if you could secure your business with just windows and doors? It is possible when you think about it, considering the fact that before the advancement of technology, windows and doors were all you needed to keep your business safe. Even now, with the advancement of technology, windows and doors have been improved to make them even more secure. So, how do you keep your business safe with just windows and doors?
Keeping Your Business Safe With Just Windows And Doors
Your windows and doors are the most conspicuous point of entry or exit to your business facility. Keeping your windows and doors secure is not just beneficial, but necessary.
When looking to keep your business safe with just windows and doors, there are a few things to consider. They include the visibility of your windows and doors from the parking lot and street, as well as the number of windows and doors you have in your business place. When you have considered those, you may proceed with the following steps:
- Install Doors and Windows that Have Shatterproof Glass: when installing a door with shatterproof glass, it is important to install one that makes it possible to look outside before opening the door. An added advantage of shatterproof glass is that there is little or no risk of a customer or worker being injured by shards of glass if the windows or doors get damaged.
- Ensure that the Window and Door Locks are Efficient: faulty window and door locks may make it easy for anyone to have access to your business office. A jammed lock could also make it difficult to unlock the windows and doors, keeping you trapped. So you want to keep an eye out for those when installing locks.
- Lock Up the Back Door: the back door should be unlocked only in times of emergency exit. It is important to lock up the back door at other times. This is because leaving the back door unlocked could make it easy for intruders to gain entry.
- Keep Non-public Entrances Locked: this includes employee entrances. These entrances should be locked at all times to make it easier to know those aside from workers leaving and entering your shop or business property.
- Windows Should be Clear: it is important to keep windows clear and devoid of posters. This gives you a clear view of what’s happening outside. Essentially, you can easily notice any suspicious movements or emergencies like a fire outbreak.
- Close All Windows and Doors After Work: all windows and doors should be locked appropriately after work, including those used by customers. Most office burglaries occur after work hours.
Have More Questions About Securing Your Business With Doors And Windows?
If you need more information about how to keep your business safe, Smart Digital has got you covered. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation or call us at 419-496-0180, and we will be happy to sit and discuss the best security options for your business.